The summer of doom
Okay, so I don't usually do titles to my blog, but I felt this was appropriate. I'm living down in Utah this summer with my sister, Kira, and her family. (That's not the doom part.) She wants to get in shape and so do I, so we are doing "boot camp" (or as my dad likes to call it "donut boot camp"). We were supposed to start my first week here, but we didn't because Jeff's sister and brother in law were in town and bought donuts for breakfast on Monday (thus the donut book camp). So we started this week. We have been doing calorie counting, and I now know way too much about it. I have certain foods and meals memorized (a regular serving of oatmeal with a tablespoon of brown sugar and milk is 255 calories, an apple is 95, a small banana (6") is 72 while a large banana (9") is 130, etc.). We also started working out. Monday we just walked for half an hour, Tuesday we didn't work out, Wednesday we did this beast yoga for an hour, and Thursday and Friday we did my least favorite workout dvd ever: Jillian Micheals. She totally kicks out butts. It's only 20 minutes, but it's like 20 minutes of the most beasty minutes of my life right now. Thus the summer of doom. I'm going to be dying the whole summer, but my the end of it I hopefully will be able to run in the Red Rock Relay that I signed up for with Kelsey and some other people. So, I will keep you up dated on the weight loss (we weigh in every Monday), and see how it goes during the summer.
On another note, I now have a job with Vivint (formally known as APXAlam). I start work on the 2 May, and I am kind of nervous about it. It's a phone thing, and I'm not the best at phones. But it pays well, Kelsey and Jeff both work there, and it seems like a pretty good place to work. we get a free meal, which is also good cause then I don't have to worry about making and bringing a lunch to work. It will be an interesting summer job, that's for sure.
Oh, the most exciting thing about my summer: goal for books I'm going to read. I actually have 15 specific books I want to read. Here's the list:
A Tale of Two Cities, Charles Dickens
Les Miserables, Victor Hugo
Moby Dick, Herman Melville
East of Eden, John Steinbeck
To the Rescue: Thomas S. Monson, Heidi Swinton
The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing: Traitor to the Nation Valume I: The Pox Party, M. T. Anderson
The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
His Dark Materials, Philip Pullman
Dracula, Bram Stoker
The Book Thief, Markus Zusak
The Outsiders, S. E. Hinton
Gossamer, Lois Lowry
Looking for Red, Angela Johson
The Wee Free Men, Terry Pratchett
The Moonstone, Wilkie Collins
Plus I just want to read like 50 books. I've already read two, so it's a slow start, but I'll get there. Obviously some of the books on the list are a bit beasty, but that's okay. It's the summer of doom. I should ready some beasty books. I've already read like 33 books this year, so the count is on. I want too read at least a hundred before the year is out. This is also something I will keep you posted on. Books and my reviews of them. There are so many out there and so little time to read. I better get on it.

Comments
Post a Comment