Babies and Birthdays

If you haven't heard yet, which considering the people who read my blog, most of you probably have, Becky came to Utah for a visit and ended up having her baby here. (Is she crazy? Yes. Yes, she is.) On top of having her baby in Utah, she went to the same hospital where Kylie and Mads were born and had the same doctor deliver her. Also, Kyle missed the birth because he was driving to Utah from California at the time. Oh, and the baby was born on Kylie's birthday. Yeah, it's a bit crazy. But a tradition was upheld. A couple of traditions actually. The babe was born on someone else's birthday (like Jeffrey on Kira's), and was born on a date with a 3 in February (like Mads - 3, Kylie - 13, and me - 23).

Now, for some basic info. Her name is Phoebe Joy Johnson. She was born on February 13th around noon (I don't remember the exact time). She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and was 14 inches long. And of course what you all really want. Some pictures.


This is right after the birth. Both momma and the babe were healthy!


Grandma very happily holding her fourth grandchild.


Close up of the babe. She has HAIR! Exciting after bald Mads (not that we didn't love Maddie's baldness). She has had the most hair out of the babies.


This is what I did for about an hour on Saturday. Heaven? Why yes, I believe it was.


Phoebs yawning. She sleeps a lot. Like all the time. Becky has to wake her up to feed here (it takes like five minutes before she's awake enough to eat).


And one more because come on, look at that beautiful baby.

In other less exciting news, we celebrated my birthday today. Oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. Also cake and ice cream. Chocolate cake which is a first for me. But it was homemade by me... Okay, that sounds bad making your own birthday cake, but I was not planning on any cake. Then Kelsey asked me to make the cake I made for Kate and Dalt's wedding for a silent auction their ward was having. It made two round cakes, and we only had enough icing to ice one, so we kept the other for my birthday celebration. Thus I had chocolate cake on my birthday when I don't (except for this one) like chocolate cake. I also got some of the coolest presents ever.


A Yoda stocking. So excited for next Christmas.


And an awesome Darth Vader Lego alarm clock. Amazing? Yes. Most awesome sibs ever? Also, yes.


This I didn't actually get tonight, but I know I got it because I accidentally saw it a month ago. Mom got it for me. It is a sweet copy of the Hobbit. I saw it at Barns&Noble a few months back actually and really wanted it. Never told my mom, but obviously my family knows me well. Haha. It's awesome.

DDoG:
Babies. Babies are one of the happiest things ever. And they are adorable. And soft. And they smell good. Basically, they are awesome.


Comments

  1. What a pretty baby! And she is lucky to have an aunt like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally got my mom that copy of the Hobbit for Christmas!

    What kind of chocolate cake are you talking about? Is it one of those insanely delicious ones with sour cream and pudding?? I had a terrible roommate who made those cakes all the time, and so now that's the only cake I make, and it was totally worth living with her and her meanness to learn of the deliciousness of the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just your standard chocolate cake, but we're talking homemade, from scratch, mix between each ingredient including each tablespoon of butter chocolate cake. It's pretty intense. It's also even better if you freeze it and then thaw it before eating. And no icing, because chocolate icing is sick, and white icing on chocolate cake is disgusting.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations to Becky! Her baby is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing adventures your family has! Happy belated birthday to you (and also to Phoebe)! So nice to see you at my Utah reception last month - it meant a lot to me that the Mortensen clan came! You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts