News and Other Random Things Going On

I need to get better at this. I used to be so good at blogging, but now... I don't know what happened.

Probably because I have no life. Blah.

I do have some news.

We move next week! What. I know. So soon. I am going to miss Boise. It's been a really nice place to live. I have met amazing people here, have some really good friends, and found the best job of my life (that I could never do forever because it is only part time and would not support one person, ugh, so sad).

Now, I'm going to miss my friends, and my ward (great ward), and some used bookstores that are wonderful (no comments, we all know I'm a giant nerd). BUT what is really killing me, and what I pretty much refuse to think about because it make me cry (I am crying as I type this) is leaving my girls. Leaving my adorable, crazy, little girls that I watch. I've been watching Lillian her whole life, Carlee for 2/3 of hers, and two years is a long time for Anabelle, a 6 almost 7 year old. I feel like I am abandoning my children. I only have two days left with them, and it's just not enough.

Okay, I can't talk about this anymore.

I signed up for classes for grad school. Crazy. It finally shows that I own them tuition on my school account, and now it feels real. Haha. But I am super excited to be going to school again. I am also wishing I was already done. I am a weirdo. What to hear all the exciting classes I'll be taking? Of course you do.

INFO 203: Just a introductory course on how to do online school, I have to have it finished before Sep 20-something, but I want to get it done before any of my other classes get started, which I can do because it's online and I make my own schedule. What. (Pray that doesn't blow up in my face.)

Then I have INFO 200: Information Communities, INFO 202: Information Retrieval System Design, and INFO 204: Information Professions. So exciting sounding. Haha. Actually, I really do think this will be super interesting. I love organizing things, especially information. Being a librarian is going to be awesome.

What else is going on?

I've gotten really into Batman lately. Not the movies (well, some of the animated movies, which are so much better than the live action), but actually getting into comic book reading (or graphic novels, if you want to be snooty, which sometimes I do, haha). The thing about Batman is that he wasn't always dark, and brooding, and "I am the night" that most people think of him as today. Have you seen the AdamWest portrayal of Batman? Wait. Let me show you.


So fantastic. Don't argue. It is amazing. This used to be Batman. Yeah, it was kind of cheesy, but they're comics. They should be allowed to be cheesy. Also, pointing out the obvious, he was definitely not, dark, or brooding, and everything seems to happen during the day. Haha. 

But of course Batman did not stay this way, and for the most part it was probably for the best. The character was revolutionized in the 80s by Frank Miller. His Batman: Year One is considered by some (most) to be the best Batman comic ever. It is really good. Netflix used to have the animated movie adaption, which was also really good. It is the Batman that you think of now. Dark, brooding, "I am the Night." Which is fine. Like I said, Batman needed a update or the character probably would have died. But, I don't like how dark Miller made Batman. Plus he seems to hate Dick Greyson (he turned Dick, the first Robin, into a crazy psycho killer that Batman ended up killing in one of the story arcs, which is wrong. You don't do that to Dick Greyson. You just don't). 

Anyway, the point of me telling you all of this (because yes, I do have a point), is to talk about the new Batman. DC just recently redid their whole universe, calling it the New 52, and Scott Snyder has taken on writing the Batman comics, and I love how he does it. It feels like a good balance between Golden Age Batman and Frank Miller Batman, and it's perfect. Oh my gosh, they are beautiful comics. I am so excited because he is redoing the origin story, and it has slight differences from the other origin stories, but it is good. So good. Batman: Zero Year--Secret City. Check it out. It's awesome. 

And that is all that is going on. Moving, school, Batman. The big things in life. Haha. 

DDoG:
Boise. It's been really good to me while I have lived here. I'm going to miss it.   



Comments

Popular Posts