2016 is going to be AWESOME!

I will be updating actual life stuff later, but right now I am freaking out because there are so many awesome movies coming out in 2016 that I did not even realize. This is what happens at 4 in the morning when I am supposed to be going to bed but end up watching trailers on youtube.

First, Star Wars Episode VII. (Yes, it came out this year, but like I'm not going to talk about it.) OH MY GOSH. I'm finally seeing it for the second time tomorrow (I mean today, how is it already 5 in the morning), and I can't wait. It was so good. So many things. But I will not give details just in case some of you have not seen it. Oh man, I love it so much. I already can't wait for Episode VIII.

However, they are being nice and putting out a Star Wars movie called Rouge One (love it) that comes out in December 2016 about the group of people who stole the plans for the first death star. So exciting.

Movies I knew were coming out.

Captain America: Civil War. Bucky and Steve are finally reunited. YES! Also, I think Steve is actually going to live through this civil war unlike the comic book version where they kill him off. At least I hope so, or I will be super depressed.

X-Men: Apocalypse. It looks amazing. I cannot wait. They are doing X-Men like they should of done X-Men all along. Seriously.

Batman v Superman. Okay. I am excited and not excited for this movie. I never saw Man of Steel because it looked like a Batman movie with Superman instead of Batman. So wrong for Superman's character. Come on, people. Movies don't have to be dark and broody to be good. Anyway I will maybe, probably watch it before this one. One main reason I will be seeing this is because Wonder Woman is in it! Woot. Love her. She's awesome. She totally saves their butts. Yes. Also, I think Ben Affleck will make a good Bruce Wayne. For some reason people have been in an uproar about this since it was announced, but really, when you consider everyone who has played Batman/Bruce Affleck is at least number three in the bunch. His competition is Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, and George Clooney. Adam West will always be in the top two, because Adam West. And Christian Bale was actually fantastic (except for his Batman voice which was awful, and the fact that it felt like he checked out for the last movie). I am worried that they are not going to make Bats and Supes besties in the film franchise though. Even though they are best when they are besties. Superman and Batman as rival-allies is stupid. So annoying. All it causes is stupid drama. So, by the end of this film I need them to be friends. I need the friendship/trust relationship that they have in some versions of the comics. The new trailer looks pretty good.
That last little bit. Their little exchange there. Haha. Also, Wonder Woman. Love her.

Movies I did not realize were coming out.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. Okay, I know a lot of people did not like the remake of the turtles. People had issues. Blah, blah, blah. First off, they are teenage mutant ninja turtles. It's ridiculous. Don't take it so seriously. Second, I enjoyed the movie. It was fun, and any time I can get full length movie turtles, I will take full length movie turtles. Third, Casey Jones. He is in this movie, and that alone is worth making a second movie. I love Casey Jones. Love him. And he is played by this guy.
Stephen Amell. Who is beautiful. He also plays Green Arrow in Arrow, who is basically a rich Casey Jones. (Okay, not really, but we can pretend) Haha. So excited. 

Independence Day 2. What?!?! I had heard that this might be happening a while back, but didn't really pay attention. The trailer looks good. I'm really worried it's not going to be good, but I really want it to be amazing. Here is the trailer:
The Speech. Guys, the speech. Be excited with me. Also, Jeff Goldblum. Love him. (Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed he didn't make some kind of appearance in Jurassic World.)

And finally they movie that I really freaked out about. That I had just been thinking, "I need another one so bad. Need it." 
STAR TREK BEYOND!!!!! I am so excited!!! Guys, another one. Guys. I can't even... ahhhh. So excited. Some people have complained that it looks to "action-y" and doesn't have a Star Trek feel, but there is a short interview with Simon Pegg (who helped write the movie!!!) and he says that the actual movie has more substance and is more Star Trekkie. Calm done, people. But what I am most excited about is the fact that it looks like Bones and Spock have some quality time together. I need them to become besties. In the first two movies, you see Bones and Kirk as besties, and Spock and Kirk as besties, but there is no Bones and Spock as besties! That is just wrong. People, they are all supposed to be besties, besties, besties. I need them to fix this already. You can't have Bones not being besties with Spock. That and it looks like a more original story than the first two films (Into Darkness was basically a slightly different version of Wrath of Kahn, and the first one was origin story). Love Star Trek.  

This is what I look forward to in my life right now. Nerdy/geeky stuff. Oh, wait. I have always look forward to this. Haha. But seriously, this year is going to be awesome. 

DDoG: 
People who create these fantastic worlds and stories. The human mind is amazing. 





Comments

Popular Posts