Saying Good-Bye to 2011
So, this year has been mostly good, but still a fair amount of bad, lots of fun, and some big milestones.
First the good. I made some very good friends this year, people that helped me during the bad times and contributed to the fun I've had. Some of those people include: Marie Alder, Sarah Coleman, Heidi Hughes, Claire Kartchner, Amanda Richards, and Scott Smith. This year I also had the chance to live with Kira and her family. It was great blessing for lots a reasons, I got to know my sister better and Jeff, I got to see Baby Jeff grow, and I lost 40 lbs. Of course one of my biggest good things also falls under milestones. I GRADUATED!! I am officially done with my undergraduate degree and can take a break before I start my graduate program, which is a really nice feeling.
The bad happened. I won't really take about it, but it had to do with depression, mostly, but also having one of my roommates leave half way through my last semester, necessary but hard. Also, the last Harry Potter movie was kind of a disappointment (although I'm actually watching it right now with the fam), but it's better the second time you watch it.
Another big thing from 2011 was the birth of my niece, Madeline Zoe. She was born on February 3Ed. What is cool about that is Kylie was born on the 13th, and I was born on the 23rd. We have a bond. Also this year, Katelyn left for her mission. She's been out for over 9 months now. I know it's crazy. She's doing amazingly, of course. Who could doubt that? Joseph graduated from high school and completed his first semester at BYU-Idaho. It was a huge blessing to have him there for my last one.
Oh, I also read 80 books this year. What. My goal was 100, but I think 80 is still pretty good. This year I'll reach 100, and I will finish Les Miserables and Moby Dick. I'll also pick meaty-er books than this past year, some classics that I've never read but feel I should. So, that is one goal for this coming year. Another will be to lose the last of my weight. Be fit as a fiddle, which is a ridiculous saying, I feel.
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful 2011 and in turn have an equally if not better 2012. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First the good. I made some very good friends this year, people that helped me during the bad times and contributed to the fun I've had. Some of those people include: Marie Alder, Sarah Coleman, Heidi Hughes, Claire Kartchner, Amanda Richards, and Scott Smith. This year I also had the chance to live with Kira and her family. It was great blessing for lots a reasons, I got to know my sister better and Jeff, I got to see Baby Jeff grow, and I lost 40 lbs. Of course one of my biggest good things also falls under milestones. I GRADUATED!! I am officially done with my undergraduate degree and can take a break before I start my graduate program, which is a really nice feeling.
The bad happened. I won't really take about it, but it had to do with depression, mostly, but also having one of my roommates leave half way through my last semester, necessary but hard. Also, the last Harry Potter movie was kind of a disappointment (although I'm actually watching it right now with the fam), but it's better the second time you watch it.
Another big thing from 2011 was the birth of my niece, Madeline Zoe. She was born on February 3Ed. What is cool about that is Kylie was born on the 13th, and I was born on the 23rd. We have a bond. Also this year, Katelyn left for her mission. She's been out for over 9 months now. I know it's crazy. She's doing amazingly, of course. Who could doubt that? Joseph graduated from high school and completed his first semester at BYU-Idaho. It was a huge blessing to have him there for my last one.
Oh, I also read 80 books this year. What. My goal was 100, but I think 80 is still pretty good. This year I'll reach 100, and I will finish Les Miserables and Moby Dick. I'll also pick meaty-er books than this past year, some classics that I've never read but feel I should. So, that is one goal for this coming year. Another will be to lose the last of my weight. Be fit as a fiddle, which is a ridiculous saying, I feel.
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful 2011 and in turn have an equally if not better 2012. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO glad you posted. I miss you so much.
ReplyDelete