One Month Later....

So, I am still alive. Don't you all worry now. Besides a little cold, I am doing quite well. I haven't blogged in forever for a couple of reasons. Number one, I am lazy. Number two, I've been watching Bleach (more on that later) and Beast Wars (again, more on that later). Also, for the past week I have been working full time. It's at Challenger's other campus, so I am a little sad that I will not get to see my kids at all anymore (I'll be working there until the end of the school year). I am also putting in my two weeks notice; something I should have done a long time ago but didn't. I'm such a chicken when it comes to new things. Pray I actually find a job. Haha. Hopefully in a library. I realized I should actually work in one to make sure I like it, so I don't spend all this money and whatnot on a degree I won't end up using. Although I am pretty sure I will like it.

I'm sure your thinking that I must have a bunch of interesting things to blog about because I have a whole month's worth of stuff to update you on. Well, yes and no. I have mostly worked, worked out, watched Bleach, and slept. I did read a book. I really rather enjoyed it. It was a bit weird, but very good. It's called The Graveyard Book, and it's by Neil Gaiman (he wrote Stardust and Coraline, if you have seen or heard of those movies or books). It's about a boy who grows up in a graveyard. And I have to share the first line of the book because it is spectacular.

"There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife."

Doesn't it just send chills? I know you all want to read it now. You should. It's a Newbery Medal winner. And the main character's name is Nobody. How awesome?

I also saw this movie:



The Avengers was AMAZING!!! One of my all time favorite comic book movies. So good. Have I talked about this? Oh well, it's totally worth mentioning again. Also, I found some cool art. Let me show you.



I love the sketchiness of this one. Very raw and unfinished yet not at the same time.



This reminded me of the Incredibles. The credits at the beginning and end anyway. That and the Hulk looks awesome. If you haven't seen it yet, it is well worth the watch. I'm in love. (Read my last post, totally talked about this already. Oh well.)

Now, the thing that has been taking up most my time, Bleach. It's an anime show about Soul Reapers (or Shinigami in Japanese, which I actually new before watching this show). It is so awesome. Hilarious. Dramatic. Insane. Ridiculous. Anime at its best. And it must be watched in Japanese with the English subtitles. The English dub does not do it justice. The main character is Ichigo Kurosaki. He's surly and depressed and crazy and awesome. And will do anything to protect the people he loves. Including letting some random person stab him through the chest because she says it will give him powers to protect his family. That would be Rukia. She gives her Shinigami powers to Ichigo and he becomes a substitute/deputy (depends on the subtitles) Shinigami. My favorite characters are Ikkaku and Yumichika. They are best friends, totally different, yet exactly the same, and are hilarious. Ikkaku has this Lucky Dance. Hahahahahaha. And Yumi only loves beautiful things and is the biggest narcissist. They're awesome. But the show has like 16 seasons, so there was a lot of it to watch. Which is why it took my all month (it should have really taken my longer, but I tend not to have a life).

I also, and this is really the highlight of May, got see see Becky, Kylie, and Mads!! It was awesome. How I've missed them. Five months was way too long. The only sad part was we didn't get to see Kyle either, and Katelyn wasn't there (obviously). But other than those two the whole fam was together for the weekend. Joseph came down from Rexburg to join us. We played some Pinochle, which was awesome. Jeff and I dominated. What. What. I miss playing that game. We went to savers, and I got some books for Kylie, Mads, and baby Jeff. And a new skirt. Becky is looking amazing! She's almost lost all her weight. Kira met her GOAL!!! She is officially off the Boot Camp Band Wagon (I will hopefully be joining her in July). Now, for what you really have been waiting for, some pictures.



Jeffrey behind bars. Haha. No, he's just walking along the furniture. He did take some steps and is walking more now though. He's getting so big!



This is how Mads looked the entire time we were there. She was sick. Pobrecita. And she is very much a mama's girl. Becky just looooves it (please note the slight sarcasm). Mads would cry whenever Becky was out of sight.



And last, but never least: Kylie. She is adorable and a diva and loves my iPad. Haha. I love her with this super goofy smile. Here's a more normal face.



CUTE.
And another Jeffrey because I can.




Standing on his own. I swear, they get big too fast. Maddie also took some steps while we were there. We got them on film. Or recorded it sense technically the was no film involved.

All in all it was a great trip. It was really good to see Beck and the kiddos.

The only other thing that has been occupying my time as of late is Beast Wars. Which happens to be the best Transfomers show ever. It's on Netflix and I saw it and immediately wanted to call Kate and tell her. Unfortunately that couldn't happen, but I told Joseph which is the same thing in this case. We loved that show as kids. We had the toys and everything. Dinobot, Rattrap, Rhinox, Cheetor, Optimus Primal. Then of course you have Megatron (a different, more crazy one), Tarantulas, Scorponok, Waspinator. It's like reliving my childhood. And the animation is SOOOOOOOO BAD. It's awful. It's so bad that it's awesome. It's like a few steps behind what you'd call the step before the finished product of a 3D animated show now. But then it was made in 1996. Only the first two seasons are up though. Which is actually fine because the second season is my favorite. Oh, Dinobot. He's my favorite. So awesome.

Anyway, I will stop because this has become a ridiculously long post. I probably should have segmented it. Also, I am going to start doing a Daily Dose of Gratitude. Why? Because I need it and it's always good to be grateful. So, today I am grateful for the Spirit (come on, it's Sunday). But seriously, I would be completely and utterly lost without the Spirit in my life. I am so grateful for this amazing wonderful gift that we can have if we live worthily (which luckily doesn't mean perfect). Have an awesome Sabbeth.

Comments

  1. Nice post...haha Beast Wars definitely after my time. I loved seeing you too it revived my sagging spirits. Sorry you got the kids sickness hopefully it goes away soon. Good luck with the job hunt. Nothing like a new adventure. Love ya tons keep up the great work with boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Graveyard Book a year or two ago. I loved it!! super spooky and atmospheric and even charming. let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts