New York, New York Day 3
Today was a good day. I got to spend time in one of the greatest places ever! The Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is amazing, but at the same time so overwhelming. There is so much there that even though I spent four hours there, I still feel like I didn't see 1/100 of what the have. Actually, I know I didn't see even close to that. Here are a few highlights.

Egyptian temple. It's pretty amazing. Here are some detail shots.


Now, for a little quiz. Five points to the person who can tell my which one is outside the temple and which one is inside and why. Answer will be given in the next post.

Neo-classical American art. I hate photographs of sculptures because it just does not do it justice. But I love Neo-classical sculpture.

Charles Demouth's The Figure 5 in Gold. I have always kind of liked this piece, but I love it in person. Of course, that does nothing for you guys seeing this picture, but here's a detail shot.

Bah! So pretty!

Guess who this is? Well, it's a Portrait of a Woman, but it's Picasso. I like this one a lot. Here's another Picasso I liked.

It's from his Blue Period.

I feel in love with this artist. Clyfford Still. They had a whole wall of his stuff, but this was my favorite.

I've always loved this piece. I'd love to have something like this in my house. Mark Ruthko.

Here's one of my favorite artists, Jackson Pollock. I stood in on one of the tours that was being given when they got to Pollock's work. The lady giving the tour quoted Pollock in what describes his art perfectly (but I guess he would know that, haha). He said about his art that it is his "creative energy made visible." His work you really have to experience in person to understand and appreciate. I think anyway.

Van Gogh. Van Gogh. Van Gogh. I love him! Here's a detail.

So gorgeous. There were more, but I'm trying to limit this post to not ridiculously long. And well, if I was really going to do van Gogh justice, an entire post would be dedicated to him.

One of my favorite Degas sculptures. I remember this one from my first visit to the Met. A man was sketching it. I think she's lovely. But then, I've always been found of Degas' dancers.

Manet. I really loved this portrait. The detail is cooler.

I love it.

And some Mesopotamian art or was it Assyrian... Nope, Mesopotamian. A statue of Gudea. He was a peaceful Mesopotamian leader.

We'll end with this Matisse. He was still creating art when he was bedridden. Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself, which I do.
There was so much. I took like 100 photos (you should appreciate that I only put up a few). I'm going back tomorrow, so tomorrow's post will also be like this, or maybe I'll just focus on two or three works... Hmmm. Of course, I don't know how many people are actually going to read all these posts, so actually I'll do whatever I want. Fufufu (That's an evil laugh in anime and manga. It makes me laugh).
DDoG:
Art. Sometimes I forget how much I love art. All kinds. I mean, I majored in art history, so I obviously had a love for it, but I was tearing up seeing all the magnificat art in the museum. I'm grateful that I have that love of art. It makes me happy.
P. S. I am not reading through this again, so I apologize for any errors. Of course, sometimes those happen even when I do read through... You can just ignore this.

Egyptian temple. It's pretty amazing. Here are some detail shots.


Now, for a little quiz. Five points to the person who can tell my which one is outside the temple and which one is inside and why. Answer will be given in the next post.

Neo-classical American art. I hate photographs of sculptures because it just does not do it justice. But I love Neo-classical sculpture.

Charles Demouth's The Figure 5 in Gold. I have always kind of liked this piece, but I love it in person. Of course, that does nothing for you guys seeing this picture, but here's a detail shot.

Bah! So pretty!

Guess who this is? Well, it's a Portrait of a Woman, but it's Picasso. I like this one a lot. Here's another Picasso I liked.

It's from his Blue Period.

I feel in love with this artist. Clyfford Still. They had a whole wall of his stuff, but this was my favorite.

I've always loved this piece. I'd love to have something like this in my house. Mark Ruthko.

Here's one of my favorite artists, Jackson Pollock. I stood in on one of the tours that was being given when they got to Pollock's work. The lady giving the tour quoted Pollock in what describes his art perfectly (but I guess he would know that, haha). He said about his art that it is his "creative energy made visible." His work you really have to experience in person to understand and appreciate. I think anyway.

Van Gogh. Van Gogh. Van Gogh. I love him! Here's a detail.

So gorgeous. There were more, but I'm trying to limit this post to not ridiculously long. And well, if I was really going to do van Gogh justice, an entire post would be dedicated to him.

One of my favorite Degas sculptures. I remember this one from my first visit to the Met. A man was sketching it. I think she's lovely. But then, I've always been found of Degas' dancers.

Manet. I really loved this portrait. The detail is cooler.

I love it.

And some Mesopotamian art or was it Assyrian... Nope, Mesopotamian. A statue of Gudea. He was a peaceful Mesopotamian leader.

We'll end with this Matisse. He was still creating art when he was bedridden. Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself, which I do.
There was so much. I took like 100 photos (you should appreciate that I only put up a few). I'm going back tomorrow, so tomorrow's post will also be like this, or maybe I'll just focus on two or three works... Hmmm. Of course, I don't know how many people are actually going to read all these posts, so actually I'll do whatever I want. Fufufu (That's an evil laugh in anime and manga. It makes me laugh).
DDoG:
Art. Sometimes I forget how much I love art. All kinds. I mean, I majored in art history, so I obviously had a love for it, but I was tearing up seeing all the magnificat art in the museum. I'm grateful that I have that love of art. It makes me happy.
P. S. I am not reading through this again, so I apologize for any errors. Of course, sometimes those happen even when I do read through... You can just ignore this.

Comments
Post a Comment