Weddings and Everyday Life
For the past few months (and by few months, I realize I mean half a year plus some), our family's life has been consumed by weddings and wedding preparations. Last week my little sister, Katelyn, got married to her high school sweetheart, Dalton Purnell. They got sealed in the Boise Temple. It was a short and sweet ceremony (just how I like them). It was also 7 degrees outside when we took pictures. My hand were bright red by the time we ere done, and the poor babies. Jeffrey had tears frozen to his face, Kyle was sobbing, and Maddie was giggling (she was probably delirious from the cold). Needless to say, we were all very happy to get inside. The reception was nice, clean up was the fastest I've seen for a church building reception, and the car was awesomely decorated.
I decided to come down to Utah for the week just for fun (my life is so awesomely empty like that). Which means getting to hang out with the cutest little boy ever!

That is him with his shirt pulled over and behind just his head.
Almost every morning he would wake me up by putting books on my bed wanting to read. This is what is looked like after.

You should note the books up in the corner by the pillow. There were probably also books shoved in the crack between the wall. He has me read almost his entire library everyday (if not in the morning than in the afternoon sometime).
He of course loves playing with his mama too. They did this for about 20 minutes straight.
I do not know if it will work actually. I've never posted a video before. If it doesn't I apologize.
We took a trip to Macey's because Kira had cabin fever. We got donuts and Jeffrey got ice cream.

He enjoyed it a lot.
We had dinner with Kels and Simon on Thursday. Mongo chicken with rice. It was good. Yesterday I went over to their place and had tacos. As well as stand around awkwardly because they had people over that I didn't know I kind of really don't like that. If you don't know, I'm ridiculously introverted and being around a bunch of people, much less a bunch of people that I don't really know, is not fun for me at all. In fact the entire time my heart was beating a little too fast. I had forgotten how bad it was because I haven't been in that situation in a long time. If I hadn't been helping Kelsey cook then I would have died. The highlight of the night was when Kate and Dalton stopped by to get the key to their apartment (they locked the other one inside their apartment). They food was also really good, so I survived.
This morning I am watching Jeffrey while Ki and Jeff are at the temple. Tonight we are going to Michelle's open house. It will be good to see her and Sarah (because she's coming into town, awesome). And then I go back tomorrow with mom and dad (they also came down for the open house).
All in all, it has been a pretty good week for me. Plus, I will actually be working next week I found out. Awesome.
I know this is small, but if you happen to have any introverted friends like me, this is a pretty accurate guide in how to interact with them.

And this is how I feel about life right now.

And for a laugh.

Wait, that's probably only funny to Matt.
Grumpy cat it is then,

I don't know why I find him so funny. And this one is a little disturbing, but it's still hilarious. Haha.
DDoG:
Spending a extra week with my sisters in Utah and their families. Also, adorable nephews.
I decided to come down to Utah for the week just for fun (my life is so awesomely empty like that). Which means getting to hang out with the cutest little boy ever!

That is him with his shirt pulled over and behind just his head.
Almost every morning he would wake me up by putting books on my bed wanting to read. This is what is looked like after.

You should note the books up in the corner by the pillow. There were probably also books shoved in the crack between the wall. He has me read almost his entire library everyday (if not in the morning than in the afternoon sometime).
He of course loves playing with his mama too. They did this for about 20 minutes straight.
I do not know if it will work actually. I've never posted a video before. If it doesn't I apologize.
We took a trip to Macey's because Kira had cabin fever. We got donuts and Jeffrey got ice cream.

He enjoyed it a lot.
We had dinner with Kels and Simon on Thursday. Mongo chicken with rice. It was good. Yesterday I went over to their place and had tacos. As well as stand around awkwardly because they had people over that I didn't know I kind of really don't like that. If you don't know, I'm ridiculously introverted and being around a bunch of people, much less a bunch of people that I don't really know, is not fun for me at all. In fact the entire time my heart was beating a little too fast. I had forgotten how bad it was because I haven't been in that situation in a long time. If I hadn't been helping Kelsey cook then I would have died. The highlight of the night was when Kate and Dalton stopped by to get the key to their apartment (they locked the other one inside their apartment). They food was also really good, so I survived.
This morning I am watching Jeffrey while Ki and Jeff are at the temple. Tonight we are going to Michelle's open house. It will be good to see her and Sarah (because she's coming into town, awesome). And then I go back tomorrow with mom and dad (they also came down for the open house).
All in all, it has been a pretty good week for me. Plus, I will actually be working next week I found out. Awesome.
I know this is small, but if you happen to have any introverted friends like me, this is a pretty accurate guide in how to interact with them.
And this is how I feel about life right now.

And for a laugh.

Wait, that's probably only funny to Matt.
Grumpy cat it is then,

I don't know why I find him so funny. And this one is a little disturbing, but it's still hilarious. Haha.
DDoG:
Spending a extra week with my sisters in Utah and their families. Also, adorable nephews.

I love the comic! I work with like, an entire hall full of introverted people (okay, not true, but it seems like it!) and it is so hard!! I mean, I'm sort of introverted, sort of extroverted, but since I'm the new person I'm trying to respect everyone's introversion, but then I think they probably think I'm not friendly, which makes me worried, which means that I don't want to talk to anyone just in case I'm doing something wrong, and then I get more introverted, but then extroverted Laura gets mad...it's a vicious cycle. Maybe I should draw up a comic based on how to interact with people who are both introverted and extroverted at the same time so I can understand myself? hahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteYes! Avatar references are always welcome and beloved. :) And that introvert guide is spot on. Oh, and Kyle was sobbing? I mean, I know that he hates the cold, but that sounds like kind of an overreaction coming from him. :)
ReplyDeleteWhoops. KYLIE was sobbing. Although I'm pretty sure Kyle was sobbing on the inside.
DeleteSuch a cute video of Jeffrey!! It was so fun to see all of you guys at the open house, and you looked gorgeous!
ReplyDelete