Kid

As you all know, I love going through the toy department when I go to Target because I am actually a ten year old on the inside. And like a ten year old boy... Jeffrey, my three year old nephew, and I have similar interest (superheroes, ninja turtles, toy cars). Yes, I will actually be turning 27 in a month and a half. Don't judge.

Anyway, I was going through the luggage section first because it is on the way to the toys and I saw this.


It is a Hello Kitty suitcase, and it is awesome. I need this in my life to prove that I am actually a girl. It is the most awesome awesomeness I have ever seen. Please someone buy this for me.

Then I actually got to the toy section and turned into a boy.


Baby Raph and Mikey. I need these in my life. They are adorable and awesome.


Also, Nerf Guns. I have always kind of wanted these (by kind of I mean really). These little ones. Or the ones that look like real guns. What would I do with these? Be awesome. I need to be a kid so when I have a birthday people get me toys. Or books. Basically that is what would make me happy in life. To be a child again.

I was thinking about this, and how a lot of kids growing up wanted to be older. I remember thinking they were crazy. I loved being a kid. It was awesome. I never wanted to be older, never wanted to grow up. I just wanted to be a kid forever (relatedly, I have never read Peter Pan). I knew what was up with olderness. Responsibilities. Money (or lack thereof, and yes, I know I am going to England tomorrow! but I will have nothing when I get back and am slightly stressed by that fact). School. Jobs. Laundry. Bleh. That is what I say to adulthood. Until I get really old. Then it will be awesome again. Maybe. I can do or say whatever and no one cares because I'm old and senile. Hahaha. Actually, I want to live no later than 80. That is old enough, thank you very much.

Also, do you want to see the saddest thing ever?


I got a packet of fruit snacks and this was what it looked like when I opened it. Yes, there are only TWO fruit snacks in it. I totally got gypped. So depressing. That's what I get for buying store brand fruit snacks.


This is a sign that is on one of my grandma's neighbor's doors. It cracks me up every time I walk past it. Genius sign.

What else is going on in my life?

Grad school stuff is in in. All my letters of recommendation are submitted, so now it is a waiting game. It's like waiting for a mission call except this decides the rest of my life and not just the next year and a half. I am freaking out just a little inside when I think about it. Mostly how If I don't get in, I have no plan for my life. Actually, that is not true. I will be a full time nanny for a really rich family that I will have to find. That's my life plan right now. Exciting. Hopefully, I get into grad school because I would rather be a librarian than a nanny for the rest of my life. Pray for me. And send me encouraging notes. Haha. I'll send you one back. Promise. On my sweet Barbie stationary. Oh look, I am a girl. Although, I would not say no to TMNT stationary. Or Marvel or DC stationary. That would be sweet. I think I need that in my life. Yep.

Well, this has been a super long, kind of ramblely post. I hope you enjoyed it. I will not be updating until after my trip, so I will see you when I get back.

DDoG:
Airplanes because otherwise my ten day trip would be like a month long trip because of travel time. And going to England and Italy. Woot. And seeing Kelsey and Simon. And Krystle so I don't have to travel alone. Because I am a scary cat when it comes to traveling alone. And this is turning into one big ramble. Whoops.

Comments

  1. Where are you applying for grad school? I can't remember. But you are DESTINED to be a librarian...like for reals. I am so excited for your Europe trip! Suzy was just in London and she is going to Rome this weekend (with Lisbon and Paris in between) and I am so jealous, so now I have two people to be jealous of/hate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. University of Washington, Maryland, and South Florida. And you should be jealous

      Delete
  2. Good job on getting the apps in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Rach! Have tons of fun in England!!!! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the grad school apps! when are you supposed to find out? also, now that i work with librarians i can say that they are super awesome peeps, have a great sense of humor, and love their job. PS, i feel like i turn into a boy at sporting goods stores...i just want to buy all this equipment i dont need like baseball mitts and badminton rackets (?) i dont play either of those sports but they are so fun! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts