Trekkie
You all know that I am a giant nerd, right? Hahaha. Of course you do. Well, I am officially officially a real nerd. I think I can call myself a Trekkie, and it wouldn't be a lie. I am part of the grandfather of all fandoms.
I am obsessed with Star Trek right now. Okay, only The Original Series (TOS). I have watched all of TOS like three times over and am on my second round of the animated series. I might also own about 40 of the books (they were on sale for 50 cents at a used bookstore, I couldn't resist). It's kind of taking over my life right now. It might be a real problem. But I'm okay with that.
Now time for Rachael's list of Things She Loves About Star Trek!!! Woot.
1. Dr McCoy (I know he was just on a list). He is the most doctor doctor of all time. He is always about helping save people even if it means he might die. Watch "The Empath" of TOS to see how amazing awesome Bones is, and you will understand why I love him so much.
2. The Tio! aka Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. These three together are awesome and amazing and the best trio ever created by man (okay, the Three Hunters are pretty awesome also). But seriously, Spock and Bones are always fighting and Kirk is like their mediator. Haha. It is hilarious. However, when push comes to shove, any one of them would die for the others. Best bromance ever.
3. The incredibly bad sets and costumes and makeup. It is so bad. It's awful. But it's okay that it is awful because that is part of the show's charm. You come to love how bad it all is. (Like the animation on Beast Wars.)
4. The actors. I know, people say that the Great Shatner is overly dramatic and some of the other acting is a bit ridiculous, but they made these characters into people that I love and probably care about too much. I mean, I love the Alternate Original Series (AOS) movies, and they did a fantastic job recasting these characters. However, William Shatner will always be James T. Kirk and Leonard Nimoy will always be Spock and DeForest Kelley will always be Dr. McCoy (along with all the other acters from TOS). They are what made the series so beloved.
5. Tribbles. Anything to do with tribbles is awesome. I love how much they are hated by everyone, especially Klingons. Haha. It is hilarious.
6. How funny the show is. There are some episodes that are just hilarious. Actually, to help you find the humor in every episode, you should visit this blog. I laugh so hard. It is amazing. I am sad that she only got through most of the first season. "The Arena" and "The Trouble with Tribbles" are two of my favorite.
This is a little picture that the girl from the website I mentioned earlier does. It is obviously amazing. You all need to go to this site. Dude, Bear Grylls.
7. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is awesome. It is probably my favorite of all the Star Trek movies of TOS verse. The Wrath of Khan is considered the best, but I like The Voyage Home better. Haha. It is hilarious. You all should watch it, They go back in time to the 1980s. What could be better? (Not much.)
8. The books. I love any fandom that puts out books. It is awesome to be able to read about new adventures with characters that I love is always fantastic. Some are obviously better than others, but they are all still enjoyable.
9. The new movies with their awesome special effects. Like I said, the really crappy sets and bad costumes of TOS are part of it's charm, but I love seeing the Star Trek universe all new and shiny. It is fun to see the Enterprise really spiffy and beautiful (and I'm starting to sound like Scotty),
10. Scotty, Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura. They are awesome in TOS. So awesome. Scotty is obsessed with the Enterprise. Sulu is like the happiest man ever. Chekov is always talking about how everything is from Russia. Uhura being the coolest woman in the Trek verse and holding her own against a bunch of crazy men.
Also, there are some thing in TOS that I really want in the next AOS movie.
More Chekov talking about how everything is from Russia.
More McCoy and Spock interaction (it is seriously lacking in the movies).
More Bones in general (there can never be enough of him).
A completely new story that has never been told before in the Star Trek universe.
More Sulu and Chekov friendship (they are total besties and it needs to show more).
Christine Chapel! I know they kind of mention her in both movies, but she is almost as awesome as Uhura, and I wish she was actually in the movies.
Uhura and Spock break up (their romance is too weird for me especially because she gets together with Scotty in the old movies.
That Spock was a little less emotional (seriously, it's like he's not even Vulcan).
That's about it. Not too much to ask for if they make a new movie. Haha. I love it.
DDoG:
Have awesome things like Star Wars and Star Trek in my life. Seriously makes me happy.
I am obsessed with Star Trek right now. Okay, only The Original Series (TOS). I have watched all of TOS like three times over and am on my second round of the animated series. I might also own about 40 of the books (they were on sale for 50 cents at a used bookstore, I couldn't resist). It's kind of taking over my life right now. It might be a real problem. But I'm okay with that.
Now time for Rachael's list of Things She Loves About Star Trek!!! Woot.
1. Dr McCoy (I know he was just on a list). He is the most doctor doctor of all time. He is always about helping save people even if it means he might die. Watch "The Empath" of TOS to see how amazing awesome Bones is, and you will understand why I love him so much.
2. The Tio! aka Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. These three together are awesome and amazing and the best trio ever created by man (okay, the Three Hunters are pretty awesome also). But seriously, Spock and Bones are always fighting and Kirk is like their mediator. Haha. It is hilarious. However, when push comes to shove, any one of them would die for the others. Best bromance ever.
3. The incredibly bad sets and costumes and makeup. It is so bad. It's awful. But it's okay that it is awful because that is part of the show's charm. You come to love how bad it all is. (Like the animation on Beast Wars.)
4. The actors. I know, people say that the Great Shatner is overly dramatic and some of the other acting is a bit ridiculous, but they made these characters into people that I love and probably care about too much. I mean, I love the Alternate Original Series (AOS) movies, and they did a fantastic job recasting these characters. However, William Shatner will always be James T. Kirk and Leonard Nimoy will always be Spock and DeForest Kelley will always be Dr. McCoy (along with all the other acters from TOS). They are what made the series so beloved.
5. Tribbles. Anything to do with tribbles is awesome. I love how much they are hated by everyone, especially Klingons. Haha. It is hilarious.
6. How funny the show is. There are some episodes that are just hilarious. Actually, to help you find the humor in every episode, you should visit this blog. I laugh so hard. It is amazing. I am sad that she only got through most of the first season. "The Arena" and "The Trouble with Tribbles" are two of my favorite.
This is a little picture that the girl from the website I mentioned earlier does. It is obviously amazing. You all need to go to this site. Dude, Bear Grylls.
7. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home is awesome. It is probably my favorite of all the Star Trek movies of TOS verse. The Wrath of Khan is considered the best, but I like The Voyage Home better. Haha. It is hilarious. You all should watch it, They go back in time to the 1980s. What could be better? (Not much.)
8. The books. I love any fandom that puts out books. It is awesome to be able to read about new adventures with characters that I love is always fantastic. Some are obviously better than others, but they are all still enjoyable.
9. The new movies with their awesome special effects. Like I said, the really crappy sets and bad costumes of TOS are part of it's charm, but I love seeing the Star Trek universe all new and shiny. It is fun to see the Enterprise really spiffy and beautiful (and I'm starting to sound like Scotty),
10. Scotty, Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura. They are awesome in TOS. So awesome. Scotty is obsessed with the Enterprise. Sulu is like the happiest man ever. Chekov is always talking about how everything is from Russia. Uhura being the coolest woman in the Trek verse and holding her own against a bunch of crazy men.
Also, there are some thing in TOS that I really want in the next AOS movie.
More Chekov talking about how everything is from Russia.
More McCoy and Spock interaction (it is seriously lacking in the movies).
More Bones in general (there can never be enough of him).
A completely new story that has never been told before in the Star Trek universe.
More Sulu and Chekov friendship (they are total besties and it needs to show more).
Christine Chapel! I know they kind of mention her in both movies, but she is almost as awesome as Uhura, and I wish she was actually in the movies.
Uhura and Spock break up (their romance is too weird for me especially because she gets together with Scotty in the old movies.
That Spock was a little less emotional (seriously, it's like he's not even Vulcan).
That's about it. Not too much to ask for if they make a new movie. Haha. I love it.
This is one other thing I love about TOS. How Kirk fights.
In a non Star Trek related thing. Tomorrow is Star Wars day!!!!!! You all should watch some Star Wars because it is awesome (it was also my first fandom, aww). Make your day an awesome day to commemorate the awesomeness that is Star Wars.
DDoG:
Have awesome things like Star Wars and Star Trek in my life. Seriously makes me happy.




Happy Star Wars day!
ReplyDeleteStuart is a trekkie, so by default I have seen almost every episode of the series with Patrick Stewart. Terrible acting, and the story lines get a wee bit crazy later on but I was surprised I actually enjoyed it. I don't know if I could stomach William Shatner though.
ReplyDeletei still cant get over the episode when hes "fighting" a super lethargic man lizard thing. it was soooo bad/cheesy but that just made it hilarious.
ReplyDelete