Excited Uncertainty and Poop

I was trying to write the title of this post and put unsurety. Which means the same thing, but I'm not sure if it is an actual word. I looked it up, and I'm still not sure.

Weirdly, this is exactly what happened when I looked up my grad school admission status at SJSU.

I get an email saying I have messages at my SJSU account, so I go and look at them. It's more of "thank you for applying..." and "here is information..." stuff. Since I am there I check my status which says:

The status of your application is: Admit by Self-Report Data/GRAD.

What the crap? I have no idea that that means.  So, I follow a link that gives you definitions of application statuses. This is what that said:

Admit by Self-Report Data - Pre-Approved Graduate Admission (SLIS Programs ONLY)
You have been pre-approved for admission into the Library Science department pending the final verification of your admission documents by the GAPE Office (you owe Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations admission documents).
-Check your "To Do" list in http://my.sjsu.edu for a list of documents required to move on with the admissions process.
Please note - if you do not submit documents by the posted deadline specified on your "To Do" list, your pre-approved admission will be withdrawn and you will not be considered for the application term.

So.... I've been admitted pending the receival (this does not sound like a real word to me, Merriam-Webster wants me to pay to find the definition of this word which I feel supports the made-up-ness of it) of my transcripts, right? I know LIS stands for Library and Science, and I am thinking the S stands for Special (special session is for those people who don't live in the San Jose zip code area).

If this is right, that means I got into grad school! Online which means I can do it anywhere, and it is also pretty cheap as far as grad schools go! Yay!

I mean, I guess they could look at my transcripts and be like nevermind, but my GPA is awesome, and I studied Art History which is a field that actually is fairly (can also be defined as "with Justice" which makes me laugh and think of Batman) relevant to Library Science (I do not know why I am capitalizing these things).

Of course, I also got a message saying that if you sent your transcripts in before you applied than you needed to send an email with certain information. I totally did this. I mean, I sent them out a day before I submitted my application, so it should be okay. I emailed them. I don't know.

Which is basically the point of this post. I am excited, but I really don't know what is going on.

Which also makes me feel like I'm not smart enough for grad school. Hahaha.

I love my life. (Whenever I'm typing my, I always seem to type me first, "I love me life," which would make me sound a little bit like a leprechaun, I don't know if that is a good or bad or just weird thing).

Okay.

Now, I have to tell you what happened at work yesterday. Haha.

So, I watch three little girls, ages 6, 2, and baby (that is totally an age). Carlee (the 2 year old) is at the point where she is ready to potty train. Her parents are waiting until after they go on a trip this weekend to start (trips not being the best time to potty train kids). I am downstairs feeding Lillian (the baby) while Anabelle and Carlee are upstairs playing (I can hear them playing, so I figure everything is okay. I know, I know). All seems to be fine until Anabelle yells down, "I'm going to throw up." (Something you never want to hear, ever.) Of course, I yell up (I'm feeding the baby remember), "What's going on?"

This is what I hear back: "Carlee pooped outside the toilet!"

Crap, I thought (which now I find kind of hilarious).

I put Lillian down (poor kid had not finished eating) and run upstairs. I go to the bathroom, where Carlee is with no pants or diaper on. I look around for the poop (my gosh, what is my life, I'm not even a mom), and not seeing it, I look in the toilet. There it is. I'm a little confused at this point, so I go into Anabelle's room and ask her what happened. This is the conversation that follows.

Me: "Anabelle, what happened? The poop's in the toilet." (Seriously, what is my life?)
Anabelle: "Carlee put it there."
Me: "What?" (Sometimes I wonder if kids think adults are idiots.)
Anabelle: "Carlee pooped in my room, so I told her to clean it up."
Me, looking around for more poop and seeing none: "Why didn't you call me when she took off her diaper or was pooping?"
Anabelle: *looks at me like I'm kind of an idiot*
Me trying not to strangle children: "Next time it even looks like Carlee is going to take off her diaper you need to get me."
Anabelle: "Okay." Proceeds to go back to playing with her toys.

At this point, I realize I should probably clean Carlee up and hope she hasn't touched anything with her little poopy hands. I have her thoroughly wash her hands. Then I look her over for more poop and clean that up too. And that was the start of the day.

I love being a nanny.

I do find the whole thing hilarious now, even if at the time I kind of wanted to tie up the children in their rooms.

Oh children.

I hope all your weeks are a lot more certain and a lot less poopy than mine.
You can never have Lando tell you this too many times. Plus, I think it's super appropriate. And Star Wars. 

DDoG:
That right now, I get to spend time with kids, but not all my time with kids. Also, the mindset to laugh at things instead of crying about them. Also, possibly getting into grad school?


Comments

  1. First of all, I just really love you and this post. I can hear you saying it like it's a conversation we're having when we talk about our day as we sit on our beds. Oooh those were the good old days.

    Second, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you! Assuming that you're assuming correctly, which I would have said too...whatever happened to "Dear Rachael, Congratulations! You have been admitted into the graduate program of blabbity blah bloo". Ya know?

    Third, I laughed really really hard at your poop story...kids are so funny. Gosh I hope my kids don't do that. So they probably will.

    So excited for the great things happening in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. thanks! Those were good days. Also, I just had a dream with you in it. We went to this tiny comic con in Boise on Halloween because I had been ditched by my friends. So thanks for that too. Hahaha.

      Delete
  2. This post made me laugh! And congrats on your uncertainty of getting in to Grad School LOL! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like 50% of being a mom is that episode. Haha! So. Much. Poop. Also I think "I never thought I'd hear myself say that" at least once a day, usually more. Today's was "I can't turn the Sun off. Stop looking at it because it will hurt your eyes. Stop looking at the Sun. Stop. Stop looking over there. Look over here. Stop looking at the Sun. Look over here. Ok, good."

    Ah, children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing throughout this whole post...you should right a book and call it "Nanny Tales" or something and make it hilarious. Please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts