Art of Manliness
So, I was googling art, and you know how it will give you suggestions? Well, in the suggestion list was art of manliness. I cracked up. Of course, this leads to the question: what is the art of manliness? Glancing through the search results (because, really, how could I not look) it seemed that it could be anything from learning how to fold a pocket square to how to throw a tomahawk. And I'm assuming everything in between. It kind of made my day. But then my day has been made up of one football game and sleeping.
The football game was that of my student, Jack. Such a cute little boy. And they were totally cheated out of a win. Seriously, the refs in the last three minutes of the game kept dragging out the time until the other team scored and then the game was over. I was so mad. Who cheats in six year old flag football?! What is wrong with people?! Agh! So mad. But what can you do? Possibly punch the ref in the face.
The rest of the day I spent sleeping on and off because I couldn't sleep last night because of girl issues. So, instead I spent today medicated and sleeping. It was great. Of course this has kind of been my whole week. I haven't been sleeping well, which has negatively affected my boot camp this week, aka I haven't worked out at all. Not once. Unless you can't running after a child I was babysitting who ran out of the house because he was mad at me for being "mean." Huh? Thinking about it, I've actually had kind of a crapy week. Luckily, tomorrow it Sunday, and Sunday is always a good day. Oh, also Happy St. Patrick's day! Hope everyone wore green.

I found these on the Internet and thought they were the most adorable things to ever exist. Here's one I love:

It's a little snail. So cute.

And I love this photograph. It's beautiful. And I'm sorry because I forgot to write down the artist's name. But here is another one that I really liked:

For me, it expresses that feeling of reaching for something and feeling like you are never going to get it because there are so many others in the way or wanting or needing or more deserving who also are reaching. You get pushed to the side or pulled under or overlooked. Wow, that's kind of depressing.... Here's something happy:

Oh wait. That can't be right. Let's try that again.

Hmmm, better, but I don't know if it's quite in the happy range yet.

Ha! Found it! This is Katelyn and her two companions. What's happier than a sister on a mission? Pretty sure, the answer is nothing. The gospel is awesome. Remember that. I hope everyone has an amazing Sabbath!
The football game was that of my student, Jack. Such a cute little boy. And they were totally cheated out of a win. Seriously, the refs in the last three minutes of the game kept dragging out the time until the other team scored and then the game was over. I was so mad. Who cheats in six year old flag football?! What is wrong with people?! Agh! So mad. But what can you do? Possibly punch the ref in the face.
The rest of the day I spent sleeping on and off because I couldn't sleep last night because of girl issues. So, instead I spent today medicated and sleeping. It was great. Of course this has kind of been my whole week. I haven't been sleeping well, which has negatively affected my boot camp this week, aka I haven't worked out at all. Not once. Unless you can't running after a child I was babysitting who ran out of the house because he was mad at me for being "mean." Huh? Thinking about it, I've actually had kind of a crapy week. Luckily, tomorrow it Sunday, and Sunday is always a good day. Oh, also Happy St. Patrick's day! Hope everyone wore green.

I found these on the Internet and thought they were the most adorable things to ever exist. Here's one I love:

It's a little snail. So cute.

And I love this photograph. It's beautiful. And I'm sorry because I forgot to write down the artist's name. But here is another one that I really liked:

For me, it expresses that feeling of reaching for something and feeling like you are never going to get it because there are so many others in the way or wanting or needing or more deserving who also are reaching. You get pushed to the side or pulled under or overlooked. Wow, that's kind of depressing.... Here's something happy:

Oh wait. That can't be right. Let's try that again.

Hmmm, better, but I don't know if it's quite in the happy range yet.

Ha! Found it! This is Katelyn and her two companions. What's happier than a sister on a mission? Pretty sure, the answer is nothing. The gospel is awesome. Remember that. I hope everyone has an amazing Sabbath!

Your blog is awesome Rachel. I love the little random tidbits of whatever that you share. Especially the webcomics :)
ReplyDelete