Big News

Yes, I have big news. Unfortunately, it's not actually about myself, but oh well. It is about someone awesome though. I guess about two someones.

Last night Dalton took Kate to the Twin Falls temple. They did a session and then afterwards he gave her a present. It was a photo album of their dating life. On the last page it had yesterday's date and the words: Dalton took Katelyn to a session at the Twin Falls temple and finally after six years and two missions Dalton proposed to Katelyn.

Yes, people. My little sister is engaged! Not that we didn't already know this was going to happen, but it is now official. They have a ring and everything.



Hahaha. Okay, this isn't really the ring. Kate would never wear anything this big. The week before Kelsey's wedding, Kate and I were looking for shoes. We went to this store (Dalton went with us) and walked by this ring stand. I told then they should get a fake ring until they get a real one. They liked the idea, and we picked out the most un-Katelyn like ring we could find. Neither Katelyn nor Dalton had money on them (or so we thought), so I ended up buying the ring. Dalton later found five dollars in his wallet and gave that to me. So when he gave Katelyn the ring last night he told her he went into debt for the ring (he still owns me $1.35). Haha. They are going real ring shopping today.

If you would like to congratulate her in person (and by in person I mean over the phone), you can call me and I'll hand it over to her. She's still working on getting her own phone. Also, they will be most likely (99.9%) getting hitched the 19th of January here in Boise. We will be making and sending the invites soon-ish. Or whenever you are supposed to send them. Haha.

Also, I found this quote hilarious.



And this comic is genius.



Have an awesome day!

Comments

  1. bahhhhh Katelyn is old enough to get married! When did I get so old?? Tell her congrats, that is so exciting (even if it makes me really old).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for your sister! I don't know her; I probably met her once when we were roomies, but I don't remember. But yay!

    Those pictures you post at the end of your posts: hilarious. Keep them coming!

    Love you.

    And really, I miss you a lot. Sorry I didn't hang out with you so much after our freshman year. If I could change that, I totally would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow!!!!!!!!! big year for the Mortensens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ring! Way to help out the cause Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is great news! Wedding mania for the Mortensens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Katelyn is getting engaged! Tell her congrats for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts