This and That

These past two weeks have been awesome. It has been a whole lot of family time all the time, and I have loved it.

Kelsey and Simon's wedding was this past Friday (which also happened to be Sarah's birthday. Happy Birthday, Sarah!). The sealing was wonderful. Actually, not only was it wonderful, but it was also hilarious. The sealer was a crack up. He said that all sealers are romantics at heart and gave a lot of advice on staying on your honeymoon your entire married. It was a really good sealing. We had the luncheon after the sealing. Pulled pork sandwiches. So good. Then it was time to get ready for the reception. Ky, Jeff, and I went and got the fish for the center pieces and some other odds and ends. Love those two. Kyle only got in on Thursday night, so we didn't get to spend that much time with him, which was sad. Then was reception set up and whatnot. Then party time!! Woot. Woot. It was a really fun reception. Lots of food and dancing. I ate way too much candy, and I had a really good donut. So it was all fun.

I will put up pictures, but I didn't take any and will have to wait until Kate uploads hers unto the computer. Kelsey's dress was amazing though. Kira made it. She's a sewing genius.

On another note, my family is absolutely amazing. I know most of you know this (either from personal experience or because I talk about it all the time), but I just had to reiterate it. I don't know how I got such an awesome, spectacular, fantastic, loving, wonderful family, but I am glad I did. I would be totally lost without them. And the gospel, but for me the two go so hand in hand that it's like the same thing. And of course that is why we have the gospel, to create eternal families.

Boot camp starts again this week. The week of the wedding was a failure as far as boot camp was concerned, but Kate and Joseph are going to help me this week, so I am actually going to get this last bit (haha, okay more than a bit) of weight off before Thanksgiving. I know the holidays will be a lost cause when it comes to boot camp. Please, everyone pray that I can do this. I need all the help that I can get.

Daily Does of Gratitude (DDoG):
My bishopric. They are super awesome (I think I use that word too much. Hahahah). Bishop Boyle is like a grandfather that you want to hug and tell all your problems too. And Brother Muir and Powell and amazing and hilarious. I am blessed.

And just because there are no other pictures in this post. Here's something just for fun.

Comments

  1. Dang I wish I could have been at Kelsey's wedding! I left Provo at kind of an inopportune time. Oh well. Thanks for your comment on my latest post-- I responded to it there. :) And the PDA made my day/night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, mom was saying when we came down for Conference how she missed having you there. And your welcome for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Wish I could have been there to celebrate too! And you're so right Rachael, your (our) family is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spending time with family. It's the best.

    Good luck on your boot camp! You can do it! Woo hoo! Go Rachael! Yeah! You are great! You are strong! (Was that encouraging?)

    And I PDA all the time too! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts