Harry Potter Part 1
WARNING: If you have not read the Harry Potter series, don't read any of my posts about Harry Potter. There will be spoilers.
So, as you all know (because I stated it in my last post), I am re-reading Harry Potter. I just finished the first two books and am starting on the third (my favorite!). Now, I love HP. Love it. Every time I read the books I get something new out of it. That and the joy of reading incredibly well written books. I'm a little obsessed. This means there will be another post about HP. I apologize for being crazy. But you all love me, and I'm pretty sure you all love HP too. (We wouldn't be friends otherwise. Haha. But seriously, I don't understand people who don't like these books.)
The first book. I have one complaint that I am going to tell you right off, and that is the fact that the title was changed for the American version of the book. Mostly because the philosopher's stone is a legitimate artifact of myths and legends and folklore. It's name shouldn't have been changed, but whatever. Other than that, I love the first book. The first book is just fun. It's your introduction to the world of Harry Potter. What was really fun was meeting all the characters again when you know the end of the story, and how they change or how they haven't. Neville for example was very forgetful and clumsy in the first book and throughout the beginning of the series. But I had forgotten just how brave and amazing he was right from the start. For instance, in the second quidditch match Malfoy is being Malfoy and Ron gets in a fight with him. With only very slight hesitation, and without a prayer of coming out on top, he goes and helps Ron out by taking Crabbe and Goyle by himself. I love him.
The second book is the foundation for the entire story. It covers horcruxes (indirectly, but it is there), how to destroy them, that Harry has a piece of Voldemort in him. It introduces you to who Voldy was before he was super super evil. It introduces house elves (who oddly enough play quite a few key roles in the series). It also mentions the vanishing cabinet that Draco uses in the sixth book, and how it ended up broken in the first place. Lots of good stuff in the second book. It's also the book that made me realize Ron and Hermione would end up together. I also really kind of love Lockheart. I mean he is an annoying, want-to-punch-him-in-the-face kind of person, but he's hilarious. And when he loses his memory. Hahaha. Love it.
I'm four chapters into the third. It's so good. Already. The third book is when it all starts! Excitement. Also, I really love Oliver Wood. He cracks me up, and he really comes alive in the third book. It's going to be awesome, people. You should all join me in this grand adventure.
And just because I find this hilarious

HP and art joke. Awesome? I think yes.
DDoG:
Krystle for suggesting that we read the HP series together. Best. Idea. Ever.
So, as you all know (because I stated it in my last post), I am re-reading Harry Potter. I just finished the first two books and am starting on the third (my favorite!). Now, I love HP. Love it. Every time I read the books I get something new out of it. That and the joy of reading incredibly well written books. I'm a little obsessed. This means there will be another post about HP. I apologize for being crazy. But you all love me, and I'm pretty sure you all love HP too. (We wouldn't be friends otherwise. Haha. But seriously, I don't understand people who don't like these books.)
The first book. I have one complaint that I am going to tell you right off, and that is the fact that the title was changed for the American version of the book. Mostly because the philosopher's stone is a legitimate artifact of myths and legends and folklore. It's name shouldn't have been changed, but whatever. Other than that, I love the first book. The first book is just fun. It's your introduction to the world of Harry Potter. What was really fun was meeting all the characters again when you know the end of the story, and how they change or how they haven't. Neville for example was very forgetful and clumsy in the first book and throughout the beginning of the series. But I had forgotten just how brave and amazing he was right from the start. For instance, in the second quidditch match Malfoy is being Malfoy and Ron gets in a fight with him. With only very slight hesitation, and without a prayer of coming out on top, he goes and helps Ron out by taking Crabbe and Goyle by himself. I love him.
The second book is the foundation for the entire story. It covers horcruxes (indirectly, but it is there), how to destroy them, that Harry has a piece of Voldemort in him. It introduces you to who Voldy was before he was super super evil. It introduces house elves (who oddly enough play quite a few key roles in the series). It also mentions the vanishing cabinet that Draco uses in the sixth book, and how it ended up broken in the first place. Lots of good stuff in the second book. It's also the book that made me realize Ron and Hermione would end up together. I also really kind of love Lockheart. I mean he is an annoying, want-to-punch-him-in-the-face kind of person, but he's hilarious. And when he loses his memory. Hahaha. Love it.
I'm four chapters into the third. It's so good. Already. The third book is when it all starts! Excitement. Also, I really love Oliver Wood. He cracks me up, and he really comes alive in the third book. It's going to be awesome, people. You should all join me in this grand adventure.
And just because I find this hilarious

HP and art joke. Awesome? I think yes.
DDoG:
Krystle for suggesting that we read the HP series together. Best. Idea. Ever.

i totes agree that the name shouldn't have been changed. they always dumb stuff down for the american audience. like how the Golden Compass was called Northern Lights in england.
ReplyDeleteHa! That hairy potter looked like he would make a fair Hagrid.
ReplyDelete