Agency
So, I have worked out, showered, eaten, and read my scriptures, and it's not even nine. So proud of myself. Haha. Mom and I have made the goal to workout every morning at 6:45. Dad makes sure we get out of bed. I'm hoping this will help in my boot camp goal to be in the 140s by the end of March. Will it be tough? Yes. Especially because this week is my birthday! That's right folks, I turn 25 on Thursday. So crazy. So pray that even though I will have some cake this week, I will still be able to do well with boot camp.
This weekend I was down in Utah for Janell Durtschi's wedding. I guess she's Janell Payne now. Weird. But it was a very nice wedding. Her dress was really pretty. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. I know, I wasn't thinking. I also got to see the cutest baby boy ever!!! See:

That's from Christmas, but he's still freakin' adorable (baby Jeff, that is. Although, I guess we could call big Jeff adorable too. Ha.) I also saw his parents:

This is from New Years. I haven't put any pictures up from then, so I'm kind of doing it now.
I also got to see two old mission companions, Jorian McGrath and Chandee Kimber. Woot. They are awesome. See:

I know Chandee loves that I took this picture of her. Mwahahaha.

Joriann was prepared for hers, so it's not quite as awesome as Chandee's.
Anyway, the reason for mentioning going down to Utah was the fact that on the way home I had a thought. Kira taught the Sunday School lesson on The Plan of Salvation, which was always my favorite this to teach on the mission. My absolutely favorite part is when you talk about Agency and Adam and Eve. 2 Nephi 2 is one of my all time favorite chapters of scripture. It's amazing. Anyway, back to my thought. I was thinking about the scripture Matt 5:39 when Christ tells us to turn the other cheek, and I realized something that I had never connected this scripture to before. This verse is all about choice and accountability, agency. A lot of times we (or at least I do) put blame on other people for our choices. They did this to me or he did that to me and that's why I did this. But it goes even further than that, where we blame circumstances in our life, trials, temptations, whatever for choices we make. But Christ lets us know that none of those things matter. Yes, He understands what we go through and He's there to help us repent when we do make the wrong choice, but we will never get out of the consequences of making a wrong choice because of what someone or something or life did to us. The Lord is telling us in this scripture that we have a choice, and we will always have to deal with the consequences of that choice. We can choose to follow Him or not, just like in 2 Nephi 2:27-29. Anyway, I've just been pondering that and thought I would share. Hope you all make great choices this week!
This weekend I was down in Utah for Janell Durtschi's wedding. I guess she's Janell Payne now. Weird. But it was a very nice wedding. Her dress was really pretty. Sorry I didn't get any pictures. I know, I wasn't thinking. I also got to see the cutest baby boy ever!!! See:

That's from Christmas, but he's still freakin' adorable (baby Jeff, that is. Although, I guess we could call big Jeff adorable too. Ha.) I also saw his parents:

This is from New Years. I haven't put any pictures up from then, so I'm kind of doing it now.
I also got to see two old mission companions, Jorian McGrath and Chandee Kimber. Woot. They are awesome. See:

I know Chandee loves that I took this picture of her. Mwahahaha.

Joriann was prepared for hers, so it's not quite as awesome as Chandee's.
Anyway, the reason for mentioning going down to Utah was the fact that on the way home I had a thought. Kira taught the Sunday School lesson on The Plan of Salvation, which was always my favorite this to teach on the mission. My absolutely favorite part is when you talk about Agency and Adam and Eve. 2 Nephi 2 is one of my all time favorite chapters of scripture. It's amazing. Anyway, back to my thought. I was thinking about the scripture Matt 5:39 when Christ tells us to turn the other cheek, and I realized something that I had never connected this scripture to before. This verse is all about choice and accountability, agency. A lot of times we (or at least I do) put blame on other people for our choices. They did this to me or he did that to me and that's why I did this. But it goes even further than that, where we blame circumstances in our life, trials, temptations, whatever for choices we make. But Christ lets us know that none of those things matter. Yes, He understands what we go through and He's there to help us repent when we do make the wrong choice, but we will never get out of the consequences of making a wrong choice because of what someone or something or life did to us. The Lord is telling us in this scripture that we have a choice, and we will always have to deal with the consequences of that choice. We can choose to follow Him or not, just like in 2 Nephi 2:27-29. Anyway, I've just been pondering that and thought I would share. Hope you all make great choices this week!

Comments
Post a Comment